Highlights: Negombo - Wilpattu - Anuradhapura - Hanthana - Bentota
Other departures: Manchester - £3025, Birmingham - £3015, Newcastle - £3025, Glasgow - £3025
Negombo - Taru Villas – Riva
Wilpattu - Mahoora Tented Camp
Anuradhapura - Ulagalla by Uga Escapes
Hanthana - W15 Hanthana
Bentota - Taru Villas – The Muse Mahoora Value Additions Included:
(Subject to the number of nights booked & prevailing weather conditions.)
· Understanding the life of wildlife park border people “Chena Men”
· Walk along the borderlands….
· Mahoora Honeymoon Package -“Intimacy & nature”
· Mahoora “chef in the wild”
· Mahoora family safaris
· The Mahoora Photographer value additions
· Lunch inside the park
· Mahoora “happy feet”
· Painters Paradise Sri Lanka is a lush, tropical island paradise, known to Arab traders as Serendib – hence "serendipity", meaning discovery by happy accident. Set in the Indian Ocean in South Asia, the tropical island nation of Sri Lanka has a history dating back to the birth of time. It is a place where the original soul of Buddhism still flourishes and where nature’s beauty remains abundant and un-spoilt. There are 8 world heritage sites in Sri Lanka. The 3 ancient and magnificent cities of Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya were inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1982 followed by Galle, Kandy, and the Sinharaja Forest Reserve in 1988. The Golden Temple of Dambulla in 1991 and finally the Central highlands were added in 2010. These places of historical and natural significance are not to be missed for any visitor to Sri Lanka. Having a history marked by four centuries of colonial rule, the country still manages to safeguard remnants from the past in their original grandeur. Some of the more renowned historic sites are the Galle Fort built originally by the Portuguese, Colombo Harbour and the ancient city of Polonnaruwa all of confirming Sri Lanka’s ancient and colorful past. Itinerary: Day 1: Colombo/ Negombo (Dinner)
Arrive at Colombo Bandaranaike Airport. Our airport representative will meet you on arrival and introduce you to the chauffeur guide who will accompany you throughout the tour. Transfer to accommodation in Negombo and check-in to the hotel. (Private Transfer – approximate driving duration 30-45 minutes) Enjoy the hotel amenities leisurely. Overnight accommodation at Taru Villas – Riva on HB Day 2: Negombo/ Wilpattu (Breakfast & Dinner)
After breakfast, check-out and proceed to Wilpattu. (Approximate drive duration: 3 ½ – 4 hours). Once reached, check-in to the hotel and relax. Two jeep safaris per night included – Shared Basis. Overnight accommodation at Mahoora Tented Safari Camp (Mahoora Elite) on AI Day 3: Wilpattu (Breakfast, lunch& Dinner)
Enjoy an unrivaled wildlife experience at Mahoora Tented Safari Camp. Two jeep safaris per night included – Shared Basis, Overnight accommodation at Mahoora Tented Safari Camp (Mahoora Elite) on AI Day 4: Wilpattu/ Anuradhapura Breakfast
After breakfast, check-out and proceed to Anuradhapura. (Approximate drive duration: 1 ½ - 2 hours). Once reached, commence a sightseeing tour the ancient Anuradhapura by cycle. Visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century BC. Here is found the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. Buddhism found its first real home in Sri Lanka at Anuradhapura, and it thus contains some of Sri Lankan Buddhism’s most secret sights. Overnight accommodation at Ulagalla by Uga Escapes (Ulagalla Pool Villa) on BB Day 5: Anuradhapura/Sigiriya/Dambulla/Hanthana (Breakfast & Dinner)
Today early in the morning, proceed to visit the famous Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Frescoes. (Approximate drive duration: 1-2hours)
Built by an obsessed monarch in the 5th century, Sigiriya or Lion Rock is an astonishing feat of engineering and construction. Set in the cultural heart of Sri Lanka, Sigiriya rises a sheer 200 metres above a forested plain, its flattened summit sloping gently. Designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982, Sigiriya is Asia’s best-preserved city of the first millennium, showing complex urban planning around the base of the rock, combined with sophisticated engineering and irrigation skills in the palace perched on the summit. After climbing this magnificent Rock, Proceed to Dambulla Cave temple. (30-45minutes) Dambulla Cave Temple, also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla. The largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka, the rock from which the caves were carved towers 160 meters (520 ft) over the surrounding plains. A total of 153 Buddha statues, three statues of Sri Lankan kings and four statues of gods and goddesses also stand in the site. On completion, proceed to Hanthana via Matale. Stop at Matale and visit a spice garden to see many different types of spices Sri Lanka is famous for. Approximate drive duration from Dambulla to Kandy: 3 – 3 ½ hours) You will be introduced to different spices and shown how some of these spices are grown and processed. Gardens are open to visitors, a delightful place to stroll in fragrant greenery and learn about nutmeg, pepper vines, clove trees and curry, cinnamon and the precious cardamom, a relative of ginger. It grows in the shade of high jungle trees and can only be harvested by hand. On completion, continue to Hanthana and check-in to the hotel. Overnight accommodation at W15 Hanthana (Stable Suite) on AI
Day 6: Hanthana (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Enjoy facilities at W15 Hanthana. Such as tea factory visit, meditation, hiking and bird watching. Overnight accommodation at W15 Hanthana (Stable Suite) on AI Day 7: Hanthana/ Bentota (Breakfast & Dinner)
After breakfast, your beach destination – Bentota. (Approximate drive duration: 5 -6 hours). On completion, check-in to the hotel and relax. Overnight accommodation at Taru Villas – The Muse (Superior Room) on HB Day 8: Bentota Breakfast
Enjoy the stay. Overnight accommodation at Taru Villas – The Muse (Superior Room) on HB Day 9: Bentota/ Airport Breakfast
Today you will be transferred to the Colombo Airport to catch your flight home accompanied with all the happy memories of the tropical isle, Sri Lanka. (Approximate drive duration 2-3 hours) Ayubowan! We look forward to greeting you soon in Sri Lanka! Above price excludes:
• Any expenses of personal nature.
• Tips & portages.
• Early check-ins & late check-outs.
• Entrance fees and services not mentioned above.
• Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions above. Prices are subject to change and availability.