- Price based on group of 6 persons
- Vehicle will not be at your disposal during the beach stay Bonus offers:
- 10% Discount on food & beverages at Citrus Waskaduwa
- 10% Discount at the spa at Citrus Waskaduwa Highlights: Anuradhapura - Dambulla - Hiriwadunna - Minneriya - Habarana - Sigiriya - Matale - Kandy - Nuwara Eliya - Kosgoda -Waskaduwa Alternate tour dates:
6 pax - 6 Oct 19, 27 Oct 19, 3 Nov 19 & 24 Nov 19 (£1059)
8 pax - 6 Oct 19, 27 Oct 19, 3 Nov 19 & 24 Nov 19 (£1125)
10 pax - 6 Oct 19, 27 Oct 19, 3 Nov 19 & 24 Nov 19 (£1089) 6 pax - 14 Jan 20, 28 Jan 20, 4 Feb 20 & 25 Feb 20 (£1349)
8 pax - 14 Jan 20, 28 Jan 20, 4 Feb 20 & 25 Feb 20 (£1399)
10 pax - 14 Jan 20, 28 Jan 20, 4 Feb 20 & 25 Feb 20 (£1379) 6 pax - 10 Mar 20, & 24 Mar 20 (£1175)
8 pax - 10 Mar 20, & 24 Mar 20 (£1235)
10 pax - 10 Mar 20, & 24 Mar 20 (£1199) 6 pax - 13 Mar 20 (£1089)
8 pax - 13 Mar 20 (£1149)
10 pax - 13 Mar 20 (£1099) Hotels:
Anuradhapura - Rajarata Hotel 3* (Deluxe Room)
Dambulla/Habarana - Amaya Lake 4* / Cinnamon Lodge 5* (Superior Rooms)
Kandy - Amaya Hills 4* (Superior Room)
Nuwara Eliya - The Blackpool 4* (Deluxe Room)
Waskaduwa - Citrus Waskaduwa 5* (Superior Room) Excursions, Safaris & Activities:
- Anuradhapura Ancient City Excursion
- 1 Cycling tour in the Ancient City
- Visit Avukana Buddha Statue
- Hiriwadunna Village Experience
- Minneriya National Park & 1 Jeep Safari
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress Tour
- Visit to The Temple of the Tooth Relic
- 1 Train journey from Peradeniya to Nanu Oya
- 1 Strawberry Farm Visit
- Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery Visit Itinerary: Day 1: Airport / Anuradhapura
- You will be received by your chauffeur guide who will be your travel buddy throughout the tour.
- After the formalities in the Airport, leave for your first hotel in Anuradhapura. (approximately 4 to 41/2 hrs drive)
- Once reached, check-in and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at Rajarata Hotel, Anuradhapura. Day 2: Anuradhapura / Anuradhapura Sightseeing & Cycling / Avukana Buddha Statue / Dambulla
- Today after the breakfast, proceed on a sightseeing tour of Anuradhapura. Anuradhapura:
Visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century BC. Here is found the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. Buddhism found its first real home in Sri Lanka at Anuradhapura, and it thus contains some of Sri Lankan Buddhism’s most secret sights. The “Sri Maha Bodhi tree in Anuradhapura, planted from a cutting from the original “Bo Tree” under which the Buddha received enlightenment, continue to draw thousands of Buddhist pilgrims from around the world. The pillars of the brazen palace which once had nine stories, the image of the Samadhi Buddha which is one of the finest pieces of Buddhists sculpture, the twin ponds, guard-stones and the moon-stones are amazing remains of a great civilization. There are also monuments such as Ruwanveli Seya Dagoba with its famous elephant wall from the 2nd Century B.C. and the Thuparama Dagoba from the 3rd Century B.C. - Do a cycling tour around the ancient city.
- On completion, proceed to ‘Avukana Buddha Statue.’ (approximately 1hr drive) Avukana Buddha Statue:
Ancient sculptures in stone in the form of Buddha statues, sluices, guard stones , pillars and other such artifacts are over 2000 years old. Among the largest such standing Buddha statues is this famed Aukana Buddha statue lying amidst Raja Rata – the cradle of our ancient civilization. It is carved out of a rock boulder and lies close to the serene Kala Weva tank built by King Dhatusena of the 5th century AD.The Avukana Buddha colossus in stone is also easily accessible through the Mahaweli System H, at Galnewa. This Avukana Buddha statue is 46-feet high, resting on a fine lotus stone pedestal. The symbolic gesture carved on the statue, called Mudra is in the form of Ashiva Mudra which signifies giving or blessing. - On completion, proceed to Dambulla (approx transfer time: 1 1/4 hrs)
- Once reached, check in to the hotel and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at Amaya Lake / Cinnamon Lodge or similar in Dambulla. Day 3: Dambulla / Hiriwadunna / Minneriya / Dambulla
- Today after breakfast, proceed to an authentic village excursion to Hiriwadunna. (approx transfer time: 30 mins)
- The excursion Includes an exciting ‘Oruwa Boat Ride’ where you will feel your self Sri Lanken’ed’ with the ambiance of the local community.
- You will experience a cookery demonstration and be served lunch at a house in the village, of which you can experience the culinary expertise of the Sri Lankan women. Village Tour:
The tour through the village includes an excursion through the countryside, along mud-thatched village huts, flourishing paddy fields, streamlets, rivers and springs of crystal clear. The banana plantations in the village makes up for an interesting visit. The tour also includes visits to the scenic reservoir in Hiriwadunna, which is crossed by a boat to reach a chena cultivation, where the travellers would be able to set their eyes on the scenic sights of the village atop a tree house built on a lone tree midst the cultivations. - On completion, proceed to Minneriya National Park for an exciting Jeep Safari (Approx transfer time: 30 mins). Minneriya National Park:
Located between Habarana and Polonnaruwa, Minneriya is yet another haven for the elephants that migrate from surrounding jungles to enjoy the lush grass fields on the banks of the Minneriya reservoir, during the dry season. Reports of elephant sightings range from an impressive 100 to 200. Endemic monkeys as well as many resident and migratory bird species also can be spotted along with endemic reptiles such as the painted-lip lizard. Among the reptiles that dwell here, are the saltwater crocodile, the Indian python and the water monitor. The central feature of the park is the ancient Minneriya Tank (built in 3rd century AD by King Mahasena). This tank is generally known as a place to observe the elephants that come to bathe and graze on the grasses as well as the huge flocks of birds (cormorants and painted storks to name but a few) that come to fish in the shallow waters. - On completion, return to the hotel and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at Amaya Lake / Cinnamon Lodge or similar in Dambulla. Day 4: Dambulla / Sigiriya / Matale / Kandy
- Today after breakfast, check-out from the hotel and visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress. (Approx transfer time: 30 mins) Sigiriya Rock Fortress:
Proceed to climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is known as the 8th wonder of the world. This rock fortress was built by King Kasyapa in the 5th century A.D. and was a royal citadel for more than 18 years. In a sheltered a pocket, approached by a spiral stairway, are the famous frescoes. The summit of the rock, with an area of nearly one hectare was the site of the palace and the outer wall was built on the very brink of the precipice. The UNESCO sponsored Central Cultural Fund has restored Sigiriya 5th century water gardens to their former glory. - On completion proceed to Kandy.
- En-route visit the Matale Spice Garden. (approximately 01hr drive) Matale Spice Garden:
For centuries, spices have been one of Sri Lanka's celebrated exports. Spices are mostly grown in home gardens (as a home industry) and used not only to flavor food but also in medicine and cosmetics. Visit a Spice Garden and sample such scents and flavours as cinnamon, ginger, pepper, vanilla, cardamom etc. Also enjoy complementary 15 minutes head & shoulder massage and a herbal tea in spice garden. - On completion, enjoy a complementary spicy Sri Lankan traditional lunch at the spice garden.
- Thereafter travel to Kandy and check into the hotel. (approximately 01hr drive)
- Once reached, check in and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at Amaya Hills, Kandy. Day 5: Kandy / Kandy Sightseeing / Cultural Show
- Today after the breakfast, leave for a sightseeing tour of Kandy. Kandy city:
The hill capital is another “World Heritage Site”. It was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese Kings during the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule and finally ceded to the British in 1815 after an agreement. To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the “Dalada Maligawa” - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. - Thereafter visit The Temple of the tooth. The Temple of the Tooth:
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the relic of the tooth of Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings and is a UNESCO world heritage site partly due to the temple. - Evening enjoy the Cultural Show. Cultural Show:
These shows essentially comprise various styles of Kandyan dance, and are quite popular with visitors to the Hill Capital. The Centre overlooks the scenic lake as it is located along its shore. Early Birds can also be privy to handicraft showroom and workshops that are located alongside the Centre. - On completion, return to the hotel and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at Amaya Hills, Kandy. Day 6: Kandy / Nuwara Eliya - via Train
- Today after breakfast, check-out from the hotel proceed to Kandy Railway Station to catch your train down to Nanu Oya.
- Enjoy one of the most scenic train rides in Asia. (Approx journey time: 3hrs)
- On completion, your driver will pick you form Nanu Oya Railway Station and transfer to Nuwara Eliya.
- Visit a Tea Factory and get a chance to see how the famous Cylon Tea is made. (approx transfer time: 30 mins)
- On completion proceed and check-in to the hotel. (approx transfer time: 30mins)
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at The Blackpool, Nuwara Eliya. Day 7: Nuwara Eliya Sightseeing / Strawberry Farm
- Today after breakfast, proceed on a sightseeing tour of Nuwara Eliya. Nuwara Eliya:
It is set in the heart of tea-country is a beautiful town where the British succeeded in creating a replica of the English countryside, with homes in styles from Georgian to Queen Anne. Well-kept lawns with hedges, an Anglican church, a famous golf course and beautiful parks give the place an air of nostalgia. Situated 6,200 feet above sea level, the air is cool and fresh – a serene retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city life. - Pony and Horse riding is available at the turf club of Nuwara Eliya to facilitate you with some sports and adventure.
- On completion, visit a strawberry farm in Nuwara Eliya. Strawberry Farms:
They can be reached via Hakgala, Ambewela Road, New Zealand Farm Road. Freshly picked Strawberries are available at many outlets and cafes that serve Strawberry drinks, Ice cream pancakes etc. and very moderating priced. Grown at Ambewela Farm. Adam Agro, Rose Garden and many other farms located in Nuwara Eliya. - On completion, return to the hotel and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at The Blackpool, Nuwara Eliya. Day 8: Nuwara Eliya / Kosgoda / Waskaduwa
- Today after the breakfast, leave for your beach stay in Waskaduwa.
- En-route visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. (approximately 4 to 4 1/2 hrs drive) Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery:
The Turtle Hatchery opened in 1996, buys turtle eggs from the fishermen in an attempt to discourage them from poaching & selling the eggs for food. Witness how the newborn turtles are being cared for until they are ready to be released back to the ocean. The wide sandy beaches that exist round the island of Sri Lanka are utilized by several of the marine turtles for laying their eggs. The commonest of these are the Loggerheads and the Leathery turtle while the green turtle is a less common visitor. - On completion, proceed to Waskaduwa. (Approx transfer time: 1hr)
- Once reached, check in and relax.
- Overnight accommodation and dinner at Citrus Waskaduwa. Day 9 - 10: Beach Stay
- Enjoy the beach stay and relax in the golden beaches. Day 11: Waskaduwa / Airport
- Today you will be transferred to the Colombo Airport to catch your flight home, accompanied with all the happy memories of the Resplendent isle; Sri Lanka once known as Taprobane.