Highlights: New York - Finger Lakes - Niagara Falls - Amish Country - Gettysburg - Washington D.C. - Philadelphia
Other Departures: Manchester - £1499, Birmingham - £1599, Leeds Bradford - £1599, Newcastle - £1599, Durham - £1599, Cardiff- £1599, Bristol - £1599, Norwich - £1599, Edinburgh - £1599, Glasgow - £1599 Tour Highlights:
- Become a part of the hustle and bustle of Manhattan with a morning tour of its many iconic sites, including Times Square
- Taste the wines of upstate New York while stopping at Watkins Glen in the Finger Lakes
- Feel the mists while taking in the natural wonder of Niagara Falls
- Walk the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg, the most decisive battle the American Civil War
- See the seats of power of American Government with a grand city tour of Washington, D.C.
- Explore the birthplace of America in Philadelphia by seeing where it all started at Independence Hall and capturing a glimpse of the iconic Liberty Bell
Experience More (Optional)
- Take a cruise around New York Bay enjoying fabulous views of the Statue of Liberty
- Relive your American film memory with a ride to the top of the iconic Empire State Building
- Experience Niagara Falls "up close" experience with a boat ride under the falls followed by lunch atop the Skylon Tower
- Capture the stunning lit-up landmarks of Washington, D.C. with a night tour followed by a with dinner in fashionable Georgetown
- Experience quintessential home cooking' in America's oldest operating tavern in Philadelphia
Day 1: New York
Arrive in New York, the city that never sleeps, and transfer independently to your hotel, where you will meet your ATI Tour Director.
Day 2: New York Sightseeing
This morning enjoy a city tour of New York which includes some of the most famous sights of Manhattan. Catch glimpses of the famous skyline as you absorb the bustle and energy of the Big Apple. The rest of today is at leisure. Your ATI Tour Director will assist you in making plans. May we suggest a stroll through Central Park, a bird's eye view on a Manhattan Helicopter Tour (optional), or reenact history with a kiss in Times Square. Bring your camera!
Day 3: New York - Finger Lakes - Niagara Falls, Canada
Leave the city that never sleeps behind and travel to upstate New York through the Finger Lakes Countryside along Lake Seneca, named for the Seneca Indian Nation and stop in Watkins Glenn for local wine tasting. Continue Westbound and cross the international border into Canada where you overnight at the romantic Niagara Falls.
Day 4: Niagara Falls Canada - Pennsylvania Dutch Country
This morning you will have time to explore the Falls. Perhaps take a ride aboard Hornblower Cruises along the base of the falls followed by lunch overlooking the falls (optional), or stroll along Table Rock to view the thundering waters of the Horseshoe Falls. Depart Niagara and travel into Pennsylvania Dutch country, also known as Amish Country, for your overnight stay.
Day 5: Pennysylvania Dutch Country - Gettysburg - Washington D.C.
This morning travel through the Appalachian Mountains along the picturesque Susquehanna River, the longest river on the American East Coast. Visit the historic Gettysburg Civil War National Battleground, site of the largest battle ever fought on American soil, and the place where President Lincoln gave his famous address in 1863. From here, you will journey to the nation's capital, Washington, D.C., where you may enjoy a memorable evening tour and dinner (optional).
Day 6: Washington, D.C.
Enjoy a tour of the National's Capitol with such highlights as: the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House and Arlington National Cemetery, site of the JFK Memorial. Spend the remainder of the day exploring some of the many museums comprising the Smithsonian Institute or simply stroll the banks of the Potomac River.
Day 7: Washington, D.C. - Philadelphia
This morning, we continue our journey to Philadelphia, the "City of Brotherly Love" and the birthplace of America, where the Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4, 1776. Here you will see Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell on a comprehensive city tour.
Day 8: Philadelphia - New York
This morning we return to New York City. Arrival Newark Airport: approximately 10:30am. Arrival JFK Airport: approximately 12:00pm. Arrival Manhattan hotel: approximately 16:00.